It’s not an end of financial year thing – it’s an ‘actually life is quite good’ thing. Thanks Pip Lincolne for this great idea! It’s also an interesting process that makes you think… and it’s nice to share. Thanks to everyone who has already shared their ‘taking stock’ list.
NB I’ve put lots of links in this post, just in case you want to know more about anything – I like curious people!
1. Making: weekly planners with my own designs and sharing them with you – Weekly Planner for Web to print (this is only for personal use – but feel free to print as many as you need for around the house!)
2. Cooking: as little as possible
3. Drinking: water and lattes, lots of lattes (from this awesome Frank Green SmartCup)
4. Reading: Enid Blyton’s The Wishing-Chair Again to my five-year-old
5. Wanting: more time (for everything)
6. Looking: more tired than I should whilst I’m on annual leave!
7. Playing: Adele 19
8. Deciding: what to study next…
9. Wishing: we had more equality in the world
10. Enjoying: listening to novels whilst hand quilting this…
11. Waiting: for Tony Abbott to do something (anything!) clever and compassionate
12. Liking: my Blogging with Pip classmates’ blogs such as: Iris and Edie, Missbitsandpieces, Lia Burton Nutrition, Home Base, Starring Maya, Most Days I Win, Sarah’s House of Trousers, Tumble and Hoot, Heartscaped, Follow that Child, Tea and Grow and River and Wren Markets.
13. Wondering: why white middle-class men with power think everyone should be like them and get by on their ‘merit’.
14. Loving: making local friends
15. Pondering: why a day is divided into 24 hours and why 60 minutes – should time go metric and why it hasn’t?
16. Considering: going to a hairdresser again – after all it’s been three years
17. Watching: Line of Duty on iview with my hubby each week
18. Hoping: Avaaz and Get Up! continue changing the world for the better
19. Marvelling: over how people like Joan Didion can write with such beauty and skill.
20. Needing: a calm pill to take on the days when it’s all too much and I could be a lot nicer about it!
21. Smelling: the scent of coriander and mandarins when we pick them from the garden
22. Wearing: black trousers, complemented by a black t-shirt, black jumper and black overcoat (yes, it’s a look)
23. Following: blogs that specialize in copy writing such as: Copy Blogger and The Copy Cure
24. Noticing: green fuzzy buds on the trees and magnolia flowers – nearly spring!!
25. Knowing: I’ll never stop learning and changing
26. Thinking: that as a society we don’t engage well with the elderly – I’m pretty sure I’ll have some useful advice and skills when I’ve retired!
27. Feeling: like for years I squandered time and now I want it all back – desperately!
28. Admiring: social entrepreneurs
29. Sorting: everything! I’m in the process on KonMari(ing) my home
30. Buying: an iron so I can sew interfacing on the new Nicole Mallalieu bag I’m making
31. Getting: into a habit of writing morning pages (a practice favoured by creative people such as Sir Ken Robinson)
32. Bookmarking: pages that I’ll probably forget to get back to because life is like that sometimes, even with the best intentions and Evernote
33. Disliking: thinking of things to cook for dinner each night
34. Opening: parcels of books I order online – buying it is the same as reading it right? (Just like reading is the same as doing – right again?)
35. Giggling: with my girlfriends from mothers’ group each week
36. Feeling: frustrated that I need eight hours’ sleep each night!
37. Snacking: on edamame purchased frozen at the local supermarket
38. Coveting: a sense of style and colour some people seem to be born with
37. Wishing: I didn’t have to go back to work when my leave was over
38. Helping: the Brunswick Tool Library – because it’s a great idea and they do an ace job!
39. Hearing: my daughter singing to herself as she gets dressed in the morning
40. Exchanging: my sewing skills for a friend’s cooking skills
41. Borrowing: audio books from the local library for my daughter to listen to
42. Walking: around the local streets taking photos of flowers
43. Picking: fresh oranges from the tree in our backyard
44. Sharing: dinners with girlfriends
Want to do your own? Copy these from below.